Technical Assistance Packets
The purpose of Technical Assistance Packets is to support childcare providers and early childhood educators in the state of Kansas. However, programs in other states can download the packets for free or purchase packets for the cost of printing and mailing. All packets are available in hard copy or CD format. Please check below for packets available to download in PDF format.
To receive any packet, contact:
Parsons, KS 67357
(620) 421-6550 ext. 1638
or (800) 362-0390 ext. 1638
Fax (620) 421-0671
No permission is needed for individuals or non-profit organizations to excerpt or make copies of publications by KCCTO-KITS ITSN for personal use, for library reserve, or to share as handouts with students, teachers/staff, parents, or policymakers, as long as credit is given. Materials must be distributed at no cost, or sold at reproduction cost only, to the recipients. When a for-profit organization, such as a child care center, uses KITS materials as handouts for parents and staff, they are also covered by this policy. Note that many of the handouts in the KITS publications are copyrighted by outside sources. KITS has received permission to use these items. You will need to contact these sources on your own to get permission to use these copyrighted items.
Information Packets on Specific Topics
Clicking on the following links will take you to the KCCTO-KITS ITSN website.
For Professionals Working with Children Age Birth To Three
- Family Service Coordination (2003)
- First Year Part C Coordinator’s Information Packet (updated annually)
- First Year Part C Service Provider Information Packet (updated annually)
- Physicians, Health Care Providers, and Early Intervention (2002)
- Using Primary Service Providers & Coaching in Early Intervention Programs (2007)
- Writing Family-Guided IFSP Outcomes (2004)
For Professionals Working with Children Age Three to Five
- Are They Ready for Kindergarten? The Pros & Cons of Redshirting Young Children (2004)
- Asking the Right Questions, Getting the Right Answers: Evaluating Young Children for Special Education Service (2004)
- Creating Meaningful & Measurable Early Childhood IEP Goals and Objectives (2011)
- This Technical Assistance Packet, “Creating Meaningful and Measurable Early Childhood Individual Education Plan (IEP) Goals,” has been created with “Soft Chalk” software. When you open this link a new window will be opened. The links inside this new window work independently of the KITS web site. To return to the KITS website close the new window. A PDF version of this packet is available below.
- PDF Format (2011)
- Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- (External link — opens in a new window.) Please refer to the CLAS Website for information on this topic.
- Embedding Assessment into Daily Activities and Routines (2011)
- First Year Part B ECSE Professional’s Resources CD-ROM (updated annually)
- First Year Part B ECSE Administrator’s Resources CD-ROM (updated annually)
- Role of Curriculum in Early Childhood Special Education (2007)
For Professionals Working with Children Age Birth to Five
- Brain Research in Early Childhood: A Primer for Caregivers and Administrators (2001)
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices (2012)
- Enhancing Family Participation in the IFSP/IEP Process (1999)
- Creating Environments to Support Positive Behavior (2012)
- Functional Behavioral Assessment (2012)
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) in Early Childhood Settings (2012)
- Talking with Parents about Autism Spectrum Disorders (Updated 2013)
- What Do You Do When You Get There? Providing Itinerant Services in Inclusive Settings (2003)
- Intentional Planning for Infants and Toddlers (2018)
- Proactive Strategies to Support Classroom Routines and Schedules (2018)
- Supporting Infant Toddler Temperaments (2019)