Interested in training early childhood providers and educators across the state of Kansas?
KCCTO Trainer Program Staff are here to support you along your path to becoming an approved in-person trainer.
What is an in-person trainer?
An in-person trainer offers training at a physical location where participants are required to physically attend.
What does this trainer approval process look like?
If you pass an initial review of your application and a scenario-based interview, you’ll engage in a provisional trainer period that includes training opportunities, self-assessment, and self-reflection, all with an experienced mentor trainer.
The end goal?
Joining a community of in-person trainers across the state of Kansas and gaining access to a library of KDHE-approved, trainer- and training-ready curriculum!
Please note: becoming an approved KCCTO Trainer is a voluntary and non-paid position (mini-grants provided upon request as funds are available). Once approved, you will reserve the right to set fees for your training events appropriate to the audience.
We are currently looking for in-person trainers who have:
- An Associates degree or higher AND 12 credit hours in Early Childhood
- 5000 hours of field work in the last 10 years from any one or combination of the following areas:
- Direct work with young children and families
- Supervision, leadership, or management of programs
- Program coordination, development, or regulation
- Training, instruction, or technical assistance of programs
- Evaluation or research with young children and families
Preparing to Apply
Below you’ll find a list of PDF documents to gather in preparation of application:
- Current Resume – with email contact information for two references listed
- Child Care License – your current license, if applicable
- Education Transcript – report highest degree earned. Unofficial transcripts from each institution attended are accepted
- Trainer Credentials and Certifications – copies of certificates, licenses, or credentials
- Examples: PAS, BAS, ASQ, CLASS, Triple P, Early Head Start/Head Start specific or Conscious Discipline®
- Self-Assessment of Trainer Competencies – is included in the application. You can familiarize yourself with the Trainer Competences HERE.
All documents are requested for upload within the application.
Ready to Apply?
The KCCTO Trainer Application is available to access throughout the months of April, July, and October.