Interested in training early childhood providers and educators in the state of Kansas?
KCCTO is seeking individuals who share our vision of increasing the availability of quality training opportunities for child care providers. Particularly in rural counties, in-person training experiences can be harder to access. You can be a part of the solution!
What is an in-person trainer?
An in-person trainer offers training at a physical location where participants are required to physically attend.
Benefits of Becoming a KCCTO-approved Trainer:
- Have access to KDHE approved training library (presentations, handouts, activities)
- Have the ability to help your team earn KDHE clock hours on your own schedule
- Deliver trainings within your community to increase access to quality content
- Gain experience conducting training
- Earn extra money – you set your own fees for courses delivered at the community-level
Support Provided by KCCTO:
- Receive coaching and mentoring to improve your training delivery
- Receive administrative support from KCCTO such as the management of course marketing, registration, and issuance of completion certificates
- Invitations to attend exclusive training for KCCTO approved trainers
- Access to apply for mini-grants to offset out-of-pocket expenses
What does this trainer approval process look like?
First, you will need to submit an application. Once you pass an initial review of your application and a scenario-based interview, you’ll engage in a provisional trainer period that includes training opportunities, self-assessment, and self-reflection, all with an experienced mentor trainer.
Please note: becoming an approved KCCTO Trainer is a voluntary and non-paid position (mini-grants provided upon request as funds are available). Once approved, you will reserve the right to set fees for your training events appropriate to the audience.
Ready to Apply?
The KCCTO Trainer Application is available to access throughout the months of April, July, and October. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.