The KCCTO-KITS ITSN project is designed to provide training, technical assistance, and resources for Kansas child care and early education providers through a variety of activities and methods. Virtual Kits have been developed as a vehicle for helping you quickly find relevant and reliable web-based resources on topics important to our field and our practices. In recognition of the rapid rate at which new information is disseminated on the web, this section of the KITS website will be continually updated. New information “Kits” will be developed in response to consumer feedback and requests.
Each Virtual Kit is organized around the following content:
- Virtual Kits QT
A “Quick Take” summary of the rationale and purpose of each Virtual Kit.
- Show me now! (I need this tomorrow.)
Links to 3-5 websites on the topic, with the best available information we have identified to date.
- What does this look like in practice? (I have a little more time to read about this.)
Links to information on the practical application of practices consistent with the best available information we have identified to date, including levels of evidence to support the practices, when available.
- What do the KITS Early Childhood Resource Center (ECRC) have on this topic?
3-5 related holdings in the ECRC
- How can I find training on this topic?
Links to KITS training resources, including KITS training calendar and related technical assistance packets, online training modules, as well as professional organizations or state agencies that provide training or courses related to the topic.
- What if I still need help?
Contact information for KITS team members or representatives from state agencies that support early intervention and early childhood special education.
- If you thought this Virtual Kit was helpful, you might also like…
Links to additional or related information.
Link to a quick survey asking for feedback on the Virtual Kit and suggestions for future Virtual Kit development.
List of Virtual Kits
Clicking on the following links will take you to the KCCTO-KITS ITSN website.
- Active Play Every Day for Infants and Toddlers (2019)
- Alphabet Knowledge and Early Literacy Birth to Five (2013)
- Becoming an Evidence-Based Practitioner in Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (2011)
- Books and Babies (2019)
- Brain Research In Early Childhood (2011)
- Building Resiliency in Children and Families (2017)
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice (2012)
- Early Childhood Inclusion in Child Care: Building a Foundation of Understanding (2017)
- Early Learning Standards (2012)
- Executive Function & Self-Regulation – Laying the Foundation for Academic Success (2019)
- Is There Such a Thing as a Smooth Transition? (2019)
- Itinerant ECSE Services Through Coaching/Consultation (2012)
- Kansas ESI Statute and Regulations Apply to Preschoolers! (2015)
- Kansas Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS): Integrating Preschool Programs (2013)
- Learning to Read: Early Literacy Birth to Five (2012)
- Mathematics (2012)
- Music and Movement (2019)
- Nutrition and Preventing Obesity (2017)
- Oral Language and Early Literacy (2013)
- Phonological Awareness and Early Literacy Birth to Five (2013)
- Steam – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math (2019)
- Support Social Competence Through Strategies for Birth-5 (Social Emotional) (2017)
- Temperament (2018)
- Tummy Time (2018)
- Vocabulary and Early Literacy (2013)
- What Early Care and Education Providers Need to Know About Potential Effects of Prenatal Drug Exposure (2019)
- What To Do About Biting (2017)
- Understanding and Embracing Your Stress Through Self-Care (2018)