Please review and follow these guidelines carefully for all online courses.
These policies and procedures are effective as of December 10, 2018 and will be updated as needed.
Be on Time: Course sessions will always start Thursday at noon and will end on a Thursday at noon. Please check your registration to confirm dates. Once the course begins, you must at a minimum, complete the "Check-in Quiz" and "Introduce Yourself"discussion for each of your courses before Monday at noon. This will prevent you from being removed from the course for inactivity.
We have weekends too: The KCCTO office is not open during the weekend.
Our hours are M-F, 8-5.
Online trainers will respond to participant messages during office hours,
M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
- We always suggest that you begin the courses as soon as you can on Thursday or Friday. This way you can contact the KCCTO office with any questions before the weekend.
Registration and Getting Started
- Be an Early Bird: Don’t wait to register! Online registration needs to be completed the Monday before the course starts by 5:00 p.m. that day.
- Give Us Your Info: The participant that is registered for the course must provide their direct email so that we can ensure they have unrestricted access to the course information from KCCTO and the course instructors. A new feature is the ability to add your supervisor's email address as well as your own to the registration.
Course Participation & Materials
- Spare Yourself Any Tech Headaches: Log into your online courses before the weekend to make sure you can get in and everything is working. This gives us enough time to provide assistance if needed.
- Work Gradually: There is no required time of the day during the course session that you must be logged into the course. It means that you can log in and out of the course as many times as you need to complete the reading of the content, posting responses and completing any quizzes within the course. We urge you to not wait until the last day to complete the course.
- You Must Complete the "Introduce Yourself" discussion: Online course participants must login once the course begins and complete the "Introduce Yourself discussion by Monday at noon. This will prevent the participant from being removed from the course because of inactivity.
- Be an Original: The person registered in the course is responsible for providing original content in discussions and quiz completions. Course discussion responses may not be copied and pasted from course materials or copied and pasted from other participant's previous posts.
- No Freebies: KCCTO course content is not for distribution, copying, saving, downloading and use outside of KCCTO staff and trainers.
- Stay in Your Lane: Refunds or requests for session changes cannot be processed after the Tuesday prior to the start date of the course.
- You Have One Chance to Retake a Missed Course: Participants who do not complete a course can request a one-time transfer at no cost. It is up to the participant to email or call the KCCTO office to request a transfer. Transfers for incomplete courses can only be processed for the same course title and the same participant. If not successful the second time, the participant will need to register and pay again for the course.
- Congrats, Graduate! KCCTO's online trainers determine completion in courses. They read each participant's responses and determine through those responses and time spent in the course that the participant has a general understanding of the content.
- You Snooze, You Lose: Courses are not extended beyond the listed session dates.
- Lost Your Certificate? No Sweat! When participants didn't receive or lost their training certificate, we will provide a copy by email at no cost. These requests require 48 hours for processing.
JUST ASK! If you have any questions call us at 800.227.3578 and talk to a member of our online training team.