January 18, 2020
Registration Deadline Jan 13 by 5:00 PM Central Time
Agency: KCCTO-KITS ITSN
Type: Community-BasedContent Area:
- Learning Environment & Curriculum
CDA Subject Area:
- 2 - Physical and Intellectual Competence
- Family Child Care Professionals
- Infant/Toddler Teachers
- Preschool Teachers
Geographic Location: Southwest
KDHE Approved: Yes
Hours: 2 KDHE Clock Hours
Cost: FREE (Pre-Registration is required)
What is STEM? This presentation provides an overview of developmentally appropriate Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) learning for babies and toddlers. A review of brain basics, cognitive development and the importance of play is included.
- Participants will understand the basics of how babies and toddlers learn and the role of the provider/teacher.
- Participants will be able to intentionally include STEM materials and activities appropriate for babies and toddlers in their program.