December 5, 2019 to December 19, 2019
Registration Deadline Dec 2 by 5:00 PM Central Time
Type: OnlineContent Area:
- Child & Youth Growth & Development
- Health & Safety
CDA Subject Area:
- 1 - Safe, Healthy Learning Environment
- 8 - Growth and Development
- Center Based
- Family Child Care Professionals
- Infant/Toddler Teachers
- Preschool Teachers
- School Age Care
Geographic Location: Online
KDHE Approved: Yes
Hours: 18 KDHE Clock Hours
This foundation module allows participants to complete KDHE initial health and safety requirements in one course in an extended 2-week course session. The foundation module includes information from the following course topics:
- Basics of Child Development
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Identification, Reporting, and Prevention
- Prevention of and Response to Emergencies Due to Food and Allergic Reactions
- Handling, Storing, and Disposing of Hazardous Materials and Biological Contaminants
- Safe Steps: Administering Medication to Children
- Building and Physical Premises Safety
- Reducing the Risk of SIDS and Using Safe Sleep Practices
- Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
- Transportation of Children
- Sound the Alarm: Emergency Preparedness in Child Care
For detailed information about each course in the combined foundation module, please refer to the individual course description.
This course is appropriate for all early care and education professionals.
Please note: This course has three deadlines during the 2-week session. By the first Monday, participants must complete the introduction section, by the second Monday, participants must complete the first two topics in the module, and by noon on the final day of the session participants must complete all 10 topics in the module.
Meets initial health and safety requirements.